As skilled litigators, the lawyers of Van Eaton Solicitors in Streatham Hill are well-placed to advise clients on probate and inheritance disputes when they arise — for example, when a will is challenged.
This is a complex area of law where clients’ emotions often run high. It involves the delicate balancing of competing interests. We act both for executors facing challenges to a will and for individuals who wish to make a claim against an estate of a family member or loved one.
Protecting The Value Of An Estate When There Is A Dispute
We work closely with personal representatives and potential beneficiaries involved in probate disputes. Our priority is always to ensure as far as possible that the assets of an estate are not diminished unnecessarily through long, drawn-out legal action. There are two aspects to our work in this area:
- Handling claims by beneficiaries and potential beneficiaries
- Acting for personal representatives who face a claim against the estate
How Can You Challenge The Distribution Of Estate Assets?
Challenges to an estate can be made on a number of grounds, including:
- That the deceased lacked the mental capacity to properly execute his or her will
- That the will was superseded by a later will
- That the will is unclear
- If a sufficiently close relationship existed between the deceased and the claimant, there is the possibility of making a claim under The Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act, 1975.
Whether you believe you have been unfairly excluded from sharing in the estate of a deceased loved one or you are responsible for administering an estate that is the subject of a claim, our team of solicitors will sensitively guide you through the legal process. We offer a no-obligation consultation to discuss your circumstances and to advise you on the merits of initiating a claim.
If you are seeking advice on a probate dispute, contact us online or by phone on 0808 1415700 or complete the online form. We will respond promptly to your enquiry.