Property is often the most valuable asset people own. Tenants of residential and commercial buildings also have a significant financial stake in the property they rent. When a dispute arises over the construction of a building, there can be serious consequences for property owners and tenants. Van Eaton Solicitors in Streatham Hill provides bespoke legal advice on building regulation compliance and claims under the Defective Premises Act 1972.
Sometimes it is difficult to know who is responsible for defects in your property. Our expertise means we can give you straightforward advice on who you should claim against.
Our aim is to resolve disputes before they end up in court, enabling you to move on with your position fully protected and without the risk and uncertainty of litigation hanging over you.
Defective Premises Disputes Lawyers In Greater London
We pursue claims under the Defective Premises Act 1972 on behalf of individuals who have suffered loss or damage as a result of purchasing or occupying substandard property. Our experience handling civil litigation claims means we can assist with:
- Claims made by purchasers who discover that work carried out on the property by a previous owner has resulted in defects to the property that need to be remedied
- Claims by tenants who have been injured or have suffered financial loss as a result of a failure by their landlord to repair and maintain property
Developers and builders are required by law to comply with a wide range of rules covering matters such as the structure of a building, fire safety, damp proofing and soundproofing, use of toxic substances, and drainage.
If you believe your property does not adhere to these standards, we are happy to discuss the matter with you in a free consultation. Following an assessment of your case, we will:
- Work in conjunction with expert chartered surveyors to firmly establish whether the building is compliant
- Strategically advise you on who is responsible for the noncompliance — for example, the seller or the local authority — and initiate proceedings on your behalf
- Establish why the local authority has assessed a noncompliant building as properly constructed and take appropriate action
Our London construction law solicitors are experienced in advising on all types of construction defects. You can contact us online or by phone on 0808 1415700.